Rules and Entry Requirements
The ET Batavia Triathlon is sanctioned by USA Triathlon and follows
Additional emphasis is placed on these points:
- Drafting and blocking rules will be strictly enforced.
- A properly-fastened ANSI- or Snell-approved helmet must be worn
at all times while on bikes.
- Only participants will be allowed in the transition area on race
- Participants must follow the full course. Any deviation from the
course that benefits the participant will result in
- Participants must begin the race in order of their respective
- Usage of wet suits is optional and is left to the discretion of
- Glass objects are not allowed in the transition area, as
swimmers will be in the area without shoes.
- Participants may not wear headphones or earbuds during the race.
- Bikes must travel single file (keep to the right) unless you are
passing another bike. Riding side-by-side is not allowed for
extended periods of time.
- Participants who leave the race must notify race officials.